The National broadcaster the SABC, has made it convenient to pay your TV Licence. A television licence essentially secures your legal viewing for an entire year and is payable in advance.
The fee amounts to R265 per year.
In the past, paying your TV Licence meant that you had to visit a pay point and make your payment there. Fortunately, these days, with advancements in technology, making payments has become much easier. Instead of having to wait for hours in long queues, nowadays all you have to do is find a simple payment method like EasyPay.
To pay your TV licence, simply go to the EasyPay website for virtual peace of mind. EasyPay is a free, independent service that facilitates the payment of accounts and the purchase of prepaid electricity or airtime.
EasyPay enables the issue of new SABC TV Licences and the capture of existing licence details. Using EasyPay is simple and the service is free. There is no registration fee or monthly subscription. By registering with EasyPay, you get access to a secure, efficient and globally accessible means to pay all your EasyPay supported accounts.
How it works:
- Fill in your EasyPay number, a payment reference and the amount you wish to pay.
- Click ‘Pay Now’ to continue.
- Go to the Supported Accounts Page and type your EasyPay number in there. You will also find a list of receivers that EasyPay supports.
To register with EasyPay:
- Fill in your Login and Personal details.
- Verify your mobile number by entering a simple One Time Password which will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Start enjoying the fastest and easiest way to pay your TV licence.
Who should pay for a TV Licence?
• All television owners
• Holiday home owners with a television
• Businesses with a television on the premises
• DSTV and StarSat customers