Become an Uber driver
Uber cars have become so popular and many tourists and people who don’t enjoy driving themselves have turned out to Uber. As such, the number of Uber drivers in South Africa is fast increasing.
For one to be a driver, here are the vehicle requirements for Uber’s basic services:
- Model year 2000 or newer for most cities.
- The car has to be a sedan that can seat at least 4 passengers, excluding you (the driver)
- It must have state-issued license plates.
- Has not been previously salvaged or used for taxi-related services
Here is what you need in order to work for Uber:
- Initial driver requirements for Uber
- You must drive a vehicle that is either a four-door car, truck or minivan
- You are required to be 21 years of age or older (23 depending on your city)
- The intended driver is required to be on the insurance for the vehicle used
- You must pass a background check.
One might need to know if anyone be an Uber driver, below is the information
An Uber is not a taxi; it is car sharing that everyone can have, as long as they have a newer four-door car and spotless criminal record. Anyone with an Uber Partner app can take on passengers. You might need to know how you can sign up to drive for Uber.
Here’s how you become an Uber Partner:
- Create Partner Profile. Click here and choose the city you want to drive in
- Register your Banking Details.
- Enroll a Driver.
- Enroll a Vehicle.
- Driver On-Boarding/ Orientation.
Below is a complete list of cars that are allowed by Uber
- Acura RDX.
- Acura TL.
- Acura TLX.
- Audi A4.
- Audi S4.
- BMW 3 Series.
- BMW X1.
- Buick Anthem.
How old do you have to be to be an uber?
Anyone with a car can sign up to be a driver. And Uber makes it pretty easy to do. The first step is to head on over to this website. If you’re at least 21 years old, have a license, personal auto insurance, and a four-door car in good condition, you can sign up to be a driver.