Many urban areas have become complex such that it has become difficult to manually locate certain places even when one is driving. To curb this challenge, Google developers introduced an App that makes your life easier; such is Google Maps, an app that can direct you everywhere you want as long as Google has documented your desired destination.
With Google Maps, users can perform the following tasks:
- View a full-screen map by tapping an empty spot on the map
- See transit line colors on the map when you get transit directions
- Filter search results for Zagat-rated restaurants (where available)
- Type, or tap the mic and say, “directions to” a place for faster results
- Bug fixes
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
- Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
Worth noting is that some features are not available in all countries and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.