BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. The organisation aims to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources.
Established in 2001, via a merger between Billiton plc and BHP, the organisation is the largest mining, petroleum and metals company across the globe.
Company headquarters are in Perth, Australia.
The company values education and offers a BHP Billiton Bursary. The bursary seeks to provide financial assistance to individuals looking to further their studies within fields that have scarce skills.
With the difficult economic conditions most people find themselves in nowadays, it’s becoming increasingly challenging to afford to pay for tertiary education costs. Student bursaries are merit-based awards and they don’t have to be repaid with money.
The bursary provides funding for undergraduate studies in:
- Engineering and Built Environment
- BEng or BSC Engineering (Chemical)
- BEng or BSC Engineering (Mechanical)
- BEng or BSC Engineering (Electrical)
- BEng or BSC Engineering (Industrial and Aeronautical)
- BEng or BSC Engineering (Mining)
- Science ad BSc (Metallurgy)
- Grade 12 learner
- South African citizen with a valid ID number
- Permanent resident in South Africa
- C Symbol in Maths and Science
- Accepted to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution