South Africa is a country rich with fast food franchises; the demand in food has seen the growth and emerging of these food outlets within a short period of time. This industry is shaping South Africa at economic and employment level.
Franchising has seen a lot of entrepreneurs buying themselves in while being backed by a large reputation thereby creating benefits for both parties. Below is a list of some of the top South African franchises:
- Macdonalds Franchises: This giant fast food chain has its roots in South Africa and over the world. The company provides an assortment of opportunities for business people who match its criteria thereby allowing them to become owners of franchise restaurants. To be part of the Macdolnald’s franchising, one should adhere to its philosophy, methods and business model. To be part of their franchisee, a person goes through background checks, personality screenings, in-store assessment periods and in-depth interviews. The application process is very thorough.
- KFC Franchises: It’s another huge food outlet that is popular in South Africa and America. Just like Macdonalds, the company requires a set of requirements which are rigorous. Some of the requirements include access funding, availability for in-store training programmes, good employment track records, and demonstrated ability to focus on customer service, business acumen, leadership ability, BEE compliance, application fee and some other factors.
- Burger King Franchises: the food outlet is a new kid on the block but is growing at a fast rate. To be part of Burger King Franchises, applicants should be prepared to reflect a high adherence to the Burger King brand philosophy. The application process requires an assessment of entrepreneurial skills, business acumen, and a passion for system catering as well as the ability and funds to open up to five restaurants in the coming years.
- Chicken Licken Franchises: It’s a local fast food chain that is taking the South African franchising market by storm. The franchise encourages its partners to upkeep its brand and encourages a spirit of collective learning and expert guidance is also required among franchisees.
- Nandos Franchises: It’s another food outlet with so much focus on chicken whose trademark is Portuguese. To be part of Nondo’s, franchisees are meticulously screened and quite a few people make it. The company encourages the uniqueness within the franchising industry hence the strictness.
- Wimpy Franchises: It’s a popular food outlet in South Africa. As part of the Wimpy franchise, partners are encouraged to offer skillful guidance within the business. You have to display a high level of financial responsibility and good business practices.
- Steers Franchises: the food outlet has many branches in South Africa and a huge customer base. Just like other franchises, the food chain has its focus on offering franchisees training and guidance opportunities. It also offer support in marketing, manufacturing and distribution where its required.