So you’ve sealed your dream job so much so that now you feel it is time for a raise, but how do you ask for one without stepping on the bosses toes.
Read below and you will be five steps away from getting your raise.
- Arrange a meeting specifically for discussing salary.
- Go in the meeting with documentation, not just to convince your boss, but to enable your boss to sell the idea to his or her boss.
- Discuss your desire for a raise in terms of the value of your contributions.
- Ask for what you want and not just what you think you can get.
- Consider alternatives to salary increases. There might be something your boss can offer that has as much value, such as time, services or a new title.