In today’s technology-centric world, it’s become more convenient to transact online instead of having to spend hours waiting in long queues.
PayPal is a payment service that has amassed over 100 million users worldwide- mainly owing to the simplicity it offers and the safety features it offers for online transactions.
With PayPal, you can receive and send money to any person in the world with a PayPal account.
How can you open a PayPal Account in South Africa?
- Go to www.paypal.com
- Click on the “Sign Up” option for a new account
- Select your country and language from the dropdown list
- Choose to open an Individual (Personal) or Business account
- Enter your personal details, such as your full name, address and email details. Make sure that you enter the correct email ID as this will be your login username.
- You can link your credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard) immediately, or open your account and add your card details later.
- A security page will come up and you will need to verify that you are a human user
- Once this is done, you now have a PayPal account
The last step will involve you getting verified before you can start transacting fully
What are the benefits of getting a PayPal account?
- You can shop safely and securely online
- It’s easy to use
- It’s guaranteed against fraud
- Using PayPal saves you time
- Sending money abroad is simple
- You can earn credit card points on purchases
- Basic requirements include a valid email address, a valid credit card or a bank account
- Operating a basic PayPal account is free
Once you have opened your PayPal account in South Africa, to transact, you will need to sign up with First National Bank’s online banking portal. Thereafter you will be able to send money to any bank in South Africa.