Abraham Kriel Childcare is a registered Non- profit organisation providing childcare in the greater Johannesburg and EastRand in Gauteng province. The organisation focuses on providing shelter, care and rehab for children between 0 and 18 years, who have been subjected to trauma, abuse, molestation, poverty and neglect. It has a passion to ensure the optimal development of traumatised children in need of care.
Currently, the organisation operates 21 houses and carries out six community care programmes that provide food, shelter, pastoral care, remedial care, social services, skills development services and early childhood development.
Projects the organisation is involved in:
- Care for a normal home setup for abused, molested, abandoned and neglected children.
- Support for children whose lives have been ruined by AIDS.
- Early childhood development and outreach programmes.
To be able to provide these services, Abraham Kriel Childcare needs as much help as it can get. They have a needs list which requires attending to on a regular basis.
- Volunteers needed for extra lessons
- English/Afrikaans dictionaries
- Community services food (They feed 581 children every day at an average cost of R56 per child per week.)
- Assistance with food hampers for a family of four
- Baby products
- Cleaning materials
If you would like to assist in any way, contact Abraham Kriel Childcare by calling; 011 839 3058/3060. You can also email: email@example.com.
The organisation also accepts donations and welcomes assistance from volunteers. If you would like to make a difference in the life of a child whose life has been destroyed by the impact of HIV/AIDS or who has been traumatised as a result of abuse, poverty or neglect, contact the Abraham Kriel Childcare organisation today.