Technology has had a major influence on every industry in the world. Even though many people have changed to reading their books online or through other digital platforms, there are some people who still visit the library. So this has meant that libraries have had to adapt to the fast changes. For this reason, there are now ways of renewing your Library Books Online. Usually the library sends you an email three days before your books are due.
Here’s a simple step by step process on how to renew your library books online:
- Visit the www.capetown.gov.za/library/opac website
- Hover your cursor over ‘My Library’ and click on ‘Personal Data.’
- Type in your membership barcode, beginning with ECT on your library card and in the User ID textbox.
- Enter your date of birth in the password field like this: DD/MM/YYYY
- Click ‘Login’
- Below the Personal Data information you should see ‘Change Personal Data’. Create a new password of something you will remember and click ‘Change’
- Click on ‘Renewals’
- Below the Personal Data information you will see a section for ‘Overview materials in loan’
- Proceed to tick the library books you would like to renew
- Click ‘Renew marked items’
- Your books should then be renewed. It’s fast, simple and not time-consuming at all. It’s important to remember that you can only renew your library books online a maximum of three times. After that you should really give other people a chance to enjoy the books too! There are some libraries that offer specials for their members, where they allow members to loan books for extended periods at times. Make sure to visit your library’s website to find out how you can benefit.